Recently, vinegar has found a rather unexpected role as possible marijuana cleanse. According to a study published in Sceindo, as a non-oxidizing adulterant, it proved to be a successful dilution method to produce a false-negative drug test result.
Thanks to its detoxing properties, many people believe that apple cider vinegar will help clean their system of THC toxins to pass a drug test.
Table of Contents
Health benefits of vinegar
Vinegar owes its various therapeutic benefits to the presence of acetic acid in it. Typically, it has 5% to 8% acetic acid, apple cider vinegar having the highest amount of its content naturally. Let’s take a look at the ways in which apple cider vinegar improves your health:
- Acts as an appetite suppressant, and thus helps achieve weight loss and body fat mass reduction.
- Helps in controlling serum triglyceride levels. In a study conducted on Japanese obese patients, participants achieved weight loss results with an intake of 15 ml per day.
- Controls blood pressure and maintains blood sugar levels. A 2015 clinical study published in the Journal of Diabetes Research measured the glucose uptake by participants with Type 2 diabetes and revealed that vinegar can significantly increase glucose uptake.
- Prevents the recurrence of kidney stones. In a study published by the NCBI, participants who drank vinegar had higher calcium levels and lower citrate levels in their body, reducing kidney stone formation chances.
- Reduces the occurrence of urinary tract infections, owing to its antibacterial properties.
Does vinegar clean your system of weed?
When you ingest cannabis, it breaks down, leading to the formation of THC metabolites like THC-COOH. Urine test checks for presence of THC metabolite to confirm weed use.
Drinking apple cider vinegar is a popular THC detoxification method to pass drug tests. Some people consuming illicit drugs believe that apple cider vinegar will burn down fat cells and release THC metabolites from the body through urination. To prepare an apple cider vinegar drink:
- Add a teaspoon or two of pure apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and a sweetener for taste if needed.
- Sip this apple cider vinegar drink in small amounts over the course of the day.
- Drink up to a gallon of water to help flush out THC with fat.
The problem with this remedy is that it can bring only very slight changes to pee acidity, which is then adjusted by the kidneys. In effect, the difference may not be enough to get a false-negative drug test result. Diluted samples are put on hold for further testing.
What can I drink to pass a drug test?
Many commercially available diuretic products are highly effective for passing a piss test, especially when you have only a few hours of time to prepare:
Adding vinegar to pee to pass a drug test
Although the Sciendo study mentioned earlier proves that white vinegar can lower detectable concentrations of drugs in user’s pee just enough to pass a drug test, this method may not work in reality.
Vinegar pH levels generally fall between 2.4-3.4. When added to the pee, it lowers the value, in effect increasing acidity to anywhere between 4 and 10. Labs typically look for levels between 4.5 and 7.8, and if the number goes beyond this range, the sample is flagged as tampered.
Pickle juice to pass a drug test
Akin to apple cider vinegar, drinking pickle juice has a variety of uses due to its high salt and vinegar contents. However, the theory behind using it for drug tests is faulty. Let’s do some fact-checking:
- For this method, you must drink a gallon of pickle juice followed by lots of water.
- Pickle juice is high in sodium and can cause side effects such as increased blood pressure, gas, bloating, and diarrhea.
- Drinking a lot of water will produce highly diluted pee, which the lab usually rejects.
Other tips from the Internet include drinking cranberry or lemon juices, eating healthy food and getting enough exercise. However, each of these methods has its risks and may not work for drug testing.
Frequently Asked Questions:
|Can vinegar help pass a hair drug test?|
|Some people wash their hair with vinegar to pass a hair follicle drug test. But it alone is not enough. This must be followed with salicylic acid or hydrogen peroxide hair wash and then a couple of washes with detergent. This hair test cleansing method (the Macujo) doesn’t have any scientific backing.|
|Can vinegar help pass a saliva drug test?|
|Natural remedy can be made by mixing a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water to pass a mouth swab drug test. However, this method is ineffective since washing your mouth won’t erase the presence of drug metabolites, unless you’re using a special detoxing mouthwash.|
|What kind of vinegar is good to drink to pass a drug test?|
|Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar is the best form due to its nutritional benefits and high acetic acid content.|
|How to use vinegar to pass a meth drug test?|
|A person consuming methamphetamine may drink vinegar shots or add it to their pee specimen to pass the screening. However, the possibility of passing is very low since methamphetamine leaves a stronger metabolite upon breakdown, which takes longer to clear from the body.|
Substance-abusing individuals will try anything to trick the testers. Most of these DIY solutions don’t have enough evidence supporting their efficacy.
Over-the-counter products like best synthetic urine kits are a superior option over household ingredients such as baking soda, and they offer better value for your money, since home remedies often incur in large medical bills. Choose the best solution given the urgency, and make sure you don’t harm your body in the process.