Drug testing of hair follicles is more precise at detecting marijuana and drug use, and it’s difficult to cheat in comparison to a urine test. That’s why hair screening is becoming more popular among companies offering jobs in the United States.
However, hair follicle testing isn’t completely foolproof, and people often report they’ve beaten it using Aloe Rid detox shampoo and the Macujo method.
What is the Macujo method?
Over a decade ago, a person who calls himself Mike invented a thorough hair detox procedure to get clean from drugs and pass a hair drug test at work. This routine is now known as the Mac method for a hair test. The original post on Reddit no longer exists, but our experts managed to find detailed instructions supposedly from Mike himself.
How does the Macujo method work?
A seven-step hair cleaning procedure designed to pass a hair test, the Macujo method works by supposedly opening up the outer layer of your hair (cuticle) to access the inner hair layer called the cortex and clean out any marijuana and drug metabolites found within. According to the author, you’ll need to:
- Stop smoking pot until you get negative drug test results
- Wet your hair and scalp with warm water
- Massage a mixture of vinegar and Clean & Clear pink
- Leave a shower cap on your head for 30 minutes
- Wash your hair with Nexxus Aloe Rid and Tide detergent
We’ll provide detailed steps later in the article.
What is required for this method?
Mike’s Macujo method is time-consuming but relatively straightforward, and it requires the following items to pass a hair test successfully:
- White vinegar with 5% acidity from Heinz or another brand
- Shampoo with 2% or 3% salicylic acid such as Clean & Clear or Neutrogena T-Sal
- Tide liquid laundry detergent
- Rubber gloves, protective cap, protective goggles, and a clean towel
Before you begin, make sure to wear protective gear to prevent damage to your eyes.
The Macujo hair detox steps
Before you start the process, wash your hair thoroughly with Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo. To successfully beat a hair drug test, you’ll need to complete the following tasks:
- First, stop consuming marijuana, tobacco, alcohol, or any other toxins until your hair drug test comes back negative.
- Secondly, rinse your hair, then massage a mixture of water and Heinz vinegar into your head. It may cause a tingling sensation.
- Step three is to add salicylic acid shampoo into the mix. It may further increase tingling, but this is normal.
- Step four is to place a shower cap on your head and do your typical everyday tasks for 30 minutes to about an hour.
- Step five is to wash your hair with Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo again until it’s clean.
- Step six is to wash your hair with Tide liquid laundry detergent. Use goggles and vaseline to avoid contact with your eyes.
- Finally, wash your hair one more time, now using Zydot Ultra Clean shampoo.
Should I trust the Macujo method?
We’ve found many reviews and success stories on Internet forums, with the majority of people claiming they did pass their hair follicle drug test with this method. As far as opinions go, some users suggest extremes like washing their hair three or even five times using the Macujo method if their employer requested a drug test by hair in 24 hours.
We think the above may be too harsh on your hair and scalp, so it’s better to spread hair treatment over a few days, if possible. Overall, the Macujo method boasts an over 90% success rate for hair tests. Also, Mike claims that his approach beats hair screening for all drugs, including opiates, meth, and marijuana.
Can I use it without Nexxus Aloe Rid?
Nexxus Aloe Rid’s original version contains ingredients like propylene glycol needed for the Macujo method to work. It’s challenging to get the exact concentrations for which the process was designed when using a different shampoo, so you probably won’t pass a hair screen this way.
The problem is that Nexxus has discontinued its original Aloe shampoo and replaced it with a completely different product incompatible with the Macujo method. Luckily, Test Clear people have bought out leftover detox shampoo in gallon bottles and now sells it under the Toxin Rid brand.
Since the original shampoo version was such a popular product to pass a hair sample drug test, there are now numerous fakes sold by people on Amazon, eBay, and other websites. Don’t fall for this scam; the real Aloe Rid is only available from Test Clear!
Final thoughts on the Macujo method
If you search the Internet, you’ll find many home remedies for hair drug tests, including anything from using hair products to removing the hair altogether. However, they’re inefficient when it comes to eliminating THC metabolites from your strands.
On the other hand, the Macujo method has an impressive track record of more than 20 years and thousands of positive testimonials from marijuana-smoking individuals, so is trying something else worth the risk?
Negative Macujo method reviews come from people trying to be creative by replacing vinegar with baking soda, omitting Aloe Rid shampoo, or not waiting for 30 minutes. Others are not following instructions closely or merely skipping a vital part.
So follow the process with consistency, use common sense, and you’ll pass your hair drug test!