Dreading notorious hair follicle drug test is something every marijuana enthusiast wishes to avoid. Contrary to what some people believe, hair test can’t be easily tampered with, leaving you with only one option – using specialized detox shampoo.
In this Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo review, we’ll study the most sought-after product for hair drug test, where it’s sold and whether the hype around it is justified.
History Of Nexxus Aloe Rid Shampoo
According to various sources on the Internet, original formula of Nexxus Aloe Rid clarifying shampoo contained ingredients potent enough to get rid of drug toxins from hair and hence was popular among people trying to pass hair follicle drug test. However, Aloe Rid shampoo’s original formula was causing scalp irritation, so eventually Nexxus recalled it.
The new version of Aloe Rid shampoo appeared to be too weak to be used for hair drug test, so a gap was created on the market. A company called TestClear decided to fill this niche and bought leftover old formula from Nexxus, which it now sells as Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo1.
How to Use Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo
Instructions that come with Toxin Rid shampoo include these steps:
- Apply the shampoo to moistened hair, massage it into hair, and leave it in.
- After ten to fifteen minutes, rinse your head with lukewarm water.
TestClear also provides the following directions to successfully pass hair drug tests:
- Make sure to start using Aloe Rid daily 3-10 days in advance, at least 15 times total;
- If hair follicle test is in 24 hours, use the shampoo multiple times on the day before;
- It’s also recommended to use normal shampoo, then Aloe Rid, then conditioner each time;
- Try to remove the oil buildup completely from your scalp;
- Substituting Zydot Ultra Clean for normal shampoo on the test day for best results.
According to reviews from Reddit users, these instructions are should work well for low to medium toxin exposure. Chronic users, however, use Old Style Aloe Rid with Macujo method:
- First, wet your hair with warm water; it should be damp, but not soaking.
- Put on rubber gloves and massage Heinz vinegar into your scalp thoroughly.
- Without removing vinegar, apply Clean & Clear or other salicylic acid shampoo.
- Put your hair in a shower cap, and wait for about an hour for the ingredients to work their magic.
- After an hour, rinse your hair thoroughly and wash it with Aloe Toxin Rid.
- Do this twice, using dime-sized portions of the shampoo.
- If you haven’t goggles on you already, make sure to put them on now.
- Wash your hair for the third time using Tide Liquid Detergent, avoiding any contact with the eyes.
- For the final step, use Zydot Ultra Clean shampoo and rinse it out with warm water.
Repeat the whole process at least two more times before your test. This is provided for informational purposes; we don’t endorse using harsh chemicals on your skin in any way. Aloe Rid detox shampoo on its own, however, doesn’t contain anything toxic if used externally.
Does Old Style Aloe Rid Shampoo Work?
Some of the important ingredients in Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo are:
- Propylene glycol, a compound that allegedly penetrates hair shaft and removes impurities;
- EDTA, an antioxidant which binds toxins present in hair strand.
Despite its reported effectiveness, no scientific evidence suggests that Aloe Rid shampoo can open hair cuticle and remove toxins. Still, many people swear to its effectiveness, particularly when used as part of Macujo method.
Of course, you should stop introducing new substances into the body immediately for best results. Some sources also advise to change your pillow cases every day, though hair samples are washed at the lab before testing2.
Where To Buy Old Style Aloe Rid Shampoo?
When Nexxus discontinued its original Aloe Rid shampoo, a lot of fakes appeared on websites like Amazon and eBay. You might still find some of them, but keep in mind you’re not getting the same product as Test Clear now sells exclusively. Nobody knows what’s inside these fake shampoos.
The fact that Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo is the only product reported to be consistently working for hair follicle test, and also its limited supply created scarcity, which resulted in high price. However, Aloe Rid is selling quickly, because for some passing a hair test means:
- Staying out of prison (for those on probation)
- Getting a top-level job that pays good money (and keeping it)
- Also, TestClear may run out of stock at any moment
At the moment of writing this, Testclear.com is running a special deal where you get a free bottle of Ultra Clean detox shampoo when purchasing Old Style Aloe Rid, and they also offer a home test kit at special price. Plus, you can use this coupon code for additional discount:
Use coupon: MEDSIGNALS
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Regular Detox Shampoo Remove Toxins From The Hair?
Regular clarifying or detox shampoos lack the potency to remove toxins from hair strands. Your hair shaft consists of three layers: medulla, which is surrounded by the cortex, and cuticles. Drug toxins are accumulated in the medulla and can’t be removed with normal cleaning ingredients.
Will Old Style Aloe Rid Shampoo Work For All Drugs?
Yes, Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid, or any other detox product, works in the same way for any drug metabolites. There are no formulas specifically targeted at weed, alcohol, chlorine or some other thing.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Clean Your Hair Follicles From Drugs?
Apple cider vinegar has documented benefits for your hair and scalp. It’s used as a home remedy for almost anything, including hair breakage, dandruff and more. However, ACV isn’t capable of removing toxins from inside the hair core.
Will Dying My Hair Help Me Pass A Drug Test?
Dying your hair won’t help you pass a drug test on its own. Hydrogen peroxide, a chemical ingredient responsible for removing color from your hair, does open cuticle layer, but it can’t remove drug traces from medulla.
Is Old Style Aloe Rid Available At Walmart Or Walgreens?
No, Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo is only available for order from TestClear.com website due to its limited supply.
If you’re facing an upcoming hair follicle test, Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo is definitely worth looking into. It’s not cheap, but many people swear that it works, especially with Macujo method, and it’s also the only hair detox solution currently on the market that can be used for drug tests.