If you are looking to pass a THC drug test requested by your company, you might be tempted to down a bottle of cranberry juice in the hopes that it will flush out your system before you head to the lab. Many people believe that cranberries can quickly get rid of unwanted drug toxins in the body and pass a marijuana drug test.
However, is there any scientific evidence suggesting that cranberry juice drug test method is effective? In this article, we’ll look at the research to determine whether it can help you pass a urine test.
Table of Contents
- Cranberry juice and drug testing
- Cranberry juice for marijuana detox
- 24-hour cranberry juice body cleanse
- Final thoughts
The science behind cranberry juice method
Cranberries are native to the United States and are long known for their health benefits. They’re rich in antioxidants and packed with Vitamin C to strengthen the immune system. Other detoxification properties include:
- According to the American Chemical Society, cranberries act as an antibacterial agent, reducing urinary tract infection (UTI) risk.
- Cranberries contain polyphenols that may help lower the risk of heart disease.
- Cranberries are beneficial for the digestive system since they inhibit colonization by H. pylori, a bacteria that attacks the stomach lining and causes intestinal inflammation.
- Cranberry juice can create a calorie deficit in the body, which promotes weight loss.
Cranberry juice and drug testing
Drug tests are ever-present in today’s world, whether it’s a job interview or a court-ordered rehab. The most common way to screen for drugs is through a urine test. A urine drug test can detect THC metabolite for 3-30 days after the last use. Other forms include:
- Saliva test
- Blood tests
- Hair test
People often use cranberry juice as a diuretic to dilute a drug test. One needs to drink gallons of water over a long time. However, there is no scientific evidence that this detox method will work for cannabis, alcohol, or other drugs. In fact, natural flavonoid proanthocyanidin in cranberries can cause a false positive for amphetamines.
Cranberry juice for marijuana detox
Cranberry juice can indeed help cleanse your system, and it can even help get rid of drug toxins in your body since it contains certain ingredients we’ll list below. But the amount of these is too marginal to be an effective and permanent solution. Most people claim it takes a couple of weeks to reduce toxin levels in the body. More on that later.
- Cranberry has some salicylic acid content as acetylsalicylic acid (like aspirin), along with zinc and niacin, which may benefit your THC detox effort. These compounds can mask drug metabolites in the urine sample, leading to false-negative results in lab tests.
- Cranberries also contain pectin, a natural polysaccharide that holds plant cells together. Pectin binds THC metabolites in the body and helps excrete them, resulting in a cleaner specimen that is more likely to pass a drug test.
- Cranberry juice acts as a diuretic that increases the frequency of urination. Doing so can dilute marijuana metabolites in your bloodstream, enabling you to produce clean urine for a THC drug screen.
So, does cranberry juice help pass a drug test?
Unfortunately, passing a drug test is more complicated than just drinking a glass of cranberry juice. Weed metabolite is fat-soluble, and that makes it harder to get rid of. Meanwhile, cranberries can’t increase fat metabolism and thus probably won’t work for a frequent smoker.
Regular cannabis users will have a better chance of passing their drug tests using a ready-made at-home body cleanser. We’ll cover that later in the article.
Is it better to switch the urine sample?
The pee sample also needs to have the correct amount of creatinine and proper pH balance for the testing lab to accept it. If you drink too much cranberry juice, it may result in an over-diluted specimen and a failed drug test. Therefore, the more reliable option is to use a synthetic urine kit, according to the experts.
24-hour cranberry juice body cleanse
The cranberry juice drug test method from one popular website calls for the following:
- You need to drink about half a gallon of cranberry juice over several hours.
- Make sure you don’t drink it all at once; use standard glasses.
- Drink some additional electrolytes so that your pee doesn’t become too diluted.
Not taking sufficient electrolytes can lead to Hyponatremia, which is a fatal condition. Meanwhile, drinking too many liquids can cause other potentially terminal side effects like electrolyte imbalance and water intoxication.
Note that consuming too many cranberries may result in diarrhea and an upset stomach! Remember not to drink more than two liters in a day and spread it out over several hours.
Do Azo cranberry pills help you pass a drug test?
Like other home remedies, Azos are not a reliable way to pass a drug test since they contain an insignificant amount of detoxification ingredients. On top of that, these tablets alter the pee color, which is a standard tampering marker for the lab tech. Azo cranberry pills drug test method found on Reddit is as following:
- Take two Azos with a glass of water.
- Don’t take more than four tablets (two each time with a gap) in a day.
- Increase your fluid intake and urinate frequently.
The cleanse’s time and results will depend on your body type, body fat percentage, and the amount of toxins you need to get rid of. Exercise and other physical activity may not speed up the process, but it’ll help you deal with withdrawal symptoms.
Some people use various natural diuretics and other kinds of home remedies to pass a drug test, but the chances of passing with them are still meager. For instance:
As we’ve mentioned earlier, it’s better to use an over-the-counter detox product to pass a drug test. For example:
Most cleanses available on the market come with a money-back guarantee.
So, how much cranberry juice should you drink? Every drug test has a cutoff level, meaning some amount is considered acceptable. The problem is, if you drink too much, it’ll be easy for a lab technician to spot the dilution. Fake urine is often a better option for passing a drug test.
There are no scientific studies that prove that cranberry juice can cause a false-negative drug test result. It’s not a weed detox drink, and it won’t help you pass a drug test!